OH! LIMMY!

by 12/16/2015 07:22:00 am 0 comments
Admin Virgil

     

   Might I just say that Lim Kim has possibly the best unique singing voice out there.



     Now now I know what you are thinking, that I probably say that about all the singers I am spoken about in this blogger site. But I can't help, if I like them all! I have a big heart.



       So when I heard that Limmy Kimmy (Lim Kim for short) was making a comeback this winter with a track titled “Stay ever”, I was excited. And then they (the Internet) told me the song features Verbal Jint.



           Cause you know who Verbal Jint is right, I mean, hands down I was all ready rooting for this song, because -

a) Limmy is already know for her breezy voice 
b) Verbal Jint is a master when it comes to anything with music on it. I salute that man, bruh!

    And so when the song finally dropped a couple of days ago, I was too excited that it took me some time to calm myself down to write this post. So here comes all the nitty-grutty stuff.

      The song speaks about the lingering feeling you have for your lady love or your gentleman love (well now I know why they don't use that term!). The time you spend with this so called significant other is so important but is also so limited in terms of time, so basically, Limmy here sings asking the man to stay with her for ever, and ever and ever and I just gotta stop and ask



             It is an overwhelming song which ask to prolong the feeling of sensation for ever and stay that way, ever. 

          The song is romantic in terms of its lyrics but the melody and the way the song is sung gives off a sad but realistic appeal. Limmy's vocals layered with Verbal Jints voice is just manna



           This song starts slow but builds to the chorus and has a haunting mood to it. Haunting not in the bad way but in a good way, like how you can't get the tune out of your head, kind of way.

and then the music video comes and I am like


    Seriously if anyone understood the story behind the music video, please hit me in the comments section below, because I am lost.
    
        I don't really know what the female is doing in the music video, is it a one night stand, or does she get paid to do this on a daily basis or is she the new female James Bond.??

        But some essence of the song is caught in glimpses where there is some touching going on, some interactions, some blossoming romance between the man and the woman. You know, it is building up to something.... and then she just leaves him to get a suitcase and leaves the hotel.

       Here phone calls and her sudden walking away act at the end is what is getting a lot of attention and more netizens are saying that there is some significance in the scene where she is shown eating a candy.



     I don't know what the music video symbolize but for the song I give it a thumbs up any day.
      
   

That brings us to the end of today's post. Let me know what you think in the comments section below!

Unknown

Developers

All we want to do is spread the love of k-pop, k- drama and all things korean. Here in SMK, we believe live is meant to be shared so if you love something let us know, Chinguduels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment