WELCOME TO THE FISHTANK

by 3/21/2016 02:09:00 am 0 comments



ADMIN VIRGIL
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOWZ IT GOING EVERYBODY?? I am back and ready more than ever to take down new albums and rave about them. New week, new albums let us get on with it!


      I am starting Monday with one of my fave boy groups GOT7! With their new and latest mini album Flight Log: Departure (I wonder if their next album will be titled Arrival..) Anyway there are eight-tracks in this album which are Fly, Can't, See The Light, Fish, Rewind, Beggin On My Knee and Something Good and also Home run (But Home run is not added in this album because they will release that in April). The double title songs for this album is Fly, which is written and composed by earattack, the composer of Everytime from the Descendants of the Sun OST, and Home Run, for which leader JB and Junior participated in composition and writing lyrics. (CUTE)

      Let us get on with the reviews!

      The album kicks off with their title song “Fly” which sings about flying away with the girl in their arms. A romantic song but something about the way they sing this song makes it feel more realistic and natural rather than imaginary and false… you know, it seems more believable because of the way they sing it. The song is simple and brings out more raps out of GOT7. The song brings forth the base vocals forwards and that gives this song a really cool dimensional feel. This song is really unique because of the music. It is unlike what GOT7 is used to delivering.

      The music video shows the boys dancing in a vast cemented ground; I am going to assume that it is the landing or take-off ground of their flights. Pretty visuals of them flying come towards the latter half of the song which is very visually appealing. The music video doesn’t stand out in any way but there is something that happens in the end, which is worth the watch and builds the tension for “Home Run”.

      The next song is album is “Can’t”. “Can’t” starts off with the typical sound of GOT7- retro fused drum beats which rise and fall with drama. The song is simple but gets the message across. The song is simple till it rises to the bridge and then kicks it off the roof. “Can’t” is a perfect pop number that shows the best of GOT7.

      “See the Light” is magical to listen to. As the title suggests, I really feel like I can see the light listening to GOT7 sing. The song has a pretty funky tune when it builds towards the chorus and it is really addicting to listen to. This love song is so true and straight from the heart that I squeal when I listen to Jackson rapping. The musical accompaniment for this song is also different from the norm of GOT7 and might I just say that it is working magic with them.

      The beat gets hard and addictive as the songs progress. “Fish” is another song that is dedicated to that special lady. The song has a chorus unlike no other that when I first listened to it, I literally laughed out loud. This song is pure fun to listen to, because of the way it is penned down and how the emotions range in this song. All I can say if “Oh my god oh my god oh my god”. A must listen to in this album so far; I seriously recommended it for it offbeat melody and beats.

      “Rewind” in medicine for your ears. The beats, the rhythm and the flow are smooth sick and slick. This song got me to get up and sway around.



This song is loud and calls unto to itself a lot of attention but then again it deserves it because the song is superb. The song has a lot of blend of musical accompaniments that have been layered to give a chaotic coordination. This song is bae.

      Now I do not know about you but ever since JYP dropped DAY6 I have been praying to the elder gods to show me more of the boys cause I love them y'all.



I have always been amazed by DAY6 but when I heard that Young K from DAY6 wrote the lyrics for the song “Beggin on my Knee”, I already knew this song would break through the roof and I was right. The song is beautiful to listen to and is an absolute treat to your ears. The racing beats and the lyrics one up the other as the chorus lines up and once there, the song just soars up to the skies. The song is gold and is a must listen to in this album. I have nothing more to say, just listen to it! and then you will want to just...


"Homerun" is a song they released recently in the month of April and the song has a simplistically addictive feel to it. The song compares getting the girl to getting a home run. The song incorporates some witty lyrics and the chorus is cheesy but in a good way. The song does strike well in terms of its lyrics and musicality and makes sure to hit the fans heart all over the world!



And now to the final song in the album, which is “Something Good”. Just as the name suggest, the song is a typical happy tune which offers a feel good melody. The song is simple and straight as can be. GOT7 never seizes to amaze me by how easily they can adapt to each genre of music. The boys really have a style and a vibe which rubs off on to the songs they sing. “Something Good” is like a cool icy drink on a hot afternoon, it is refreshing and really hits the spot.




And that brings me to the end of the review, let me know what you think in the comment section below and thank you so much for reading all the way through. Love you, bruh!

Unknown

Developers

All we want to do is spread the love of k-pop, k- drama and all things korean. Here in SMK, we believe live is meant to be shared so if you love something let us know, Chinguduels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment