REMEMBER THAT?

by 3/28/2016 04:45:00 am 0 comments


ADMIN VIRGIL

     Continuing on with another strike down Ballad Mountain are the boy group with the determination to be the best - BTOB!! The boys are back with their Eighth Mini album and here I am wondering wow really? The Eighth? How long have these boys been in the industry?

      While I muse upon that, you guys can take a look at what the tracks are in this album that is ever so cutely titled “Remember that”. The album has a total of right songs which are Killing Me, 그려본다 (내가 그린 그림) (Drawing (The picture I drew)), 봄날의 기억 (Remember that), Anymore, So Pretty, 같아서 (Because I like you) and 자리비움 (Empty Spaces).

      Though the album is all cheery and happy, the album starts off with this really sad sounding track “Killing me”. But once the song starts playing there is no sad emotions. The song is soft and dreamlike and sings about not wanting to lose the special lady. “Killing me” has one the most dramatic chorus I have ever listened to. Peniel’s rap is so cute hahahahahahah just listening to it makes me smile and then we have Ilhoon who brings down reality with him onto your shoulders. Listening to this song, reminds me of Backstreet Boys, please don’t kill me.. but that aside, “Killing me” is a power packed song that shows everything that the boys stand for.

      The next song in the album has the most intriguing title I have ever seen. “Drawing (The picture I drew)” starts off with some solid drum beats but then slows down as the vocals rise. The song is simplistic ballad number that keeps it fresh and clean but what makes it stand out is the way it is arranged. The song forms a wave when it reaches the chorus and rushes towards the listener’s ear. The song is overwhelming in that perspective but is still a joy to listen to.

      “Remember That” is another beautiful track that cannot be explained in words. The song speaks about the love of the past and reminisces of the feeling of being in love and being remembered by the loved one. The song speaks about how it is happier to learn how love had changed the men and doesn’t seem to hold back any grief about the break up. The song is a simply perfect!



      The music video shows focus on Minhyuk and Jo Bo Ah who play the couple. Obviously separated now, Minhyuk revisits his old room of memories with her voice on tape speaking to him. The music video is picturised is a very simple and appealing manner. The voice on the tape recorder asks Minhyuk how the two will remember one another in the future and then ends with her confessing to Minhyuk, this pretty much summarises the essence of the song. The music video is a must watch!

      Breaking the monotonous tone of ballad, BTOB crack things up a notch by going into rock punk. YES! The beats are upbeat and only mildly faster in pace. “Anymore” is a welcomed track that reintroduces its listeners to the kind of music BTOB was once synonymous with. “Anymore” is fun to listen to but sadly doesn’t have any wow factor in it that makes it worth listening to over and over again. The song speaks about not being with the lady “anymore” and so they are leaving her. This sucks! For that girl.

      Back to the ballad but with a twist now is the track “So pretty”. The song has a swaying melody and with the rhythmic clapping beat, “So Pretty” tries to bring the better of two worlds together and in my opinion it succeeds. “So Pretty” sings about the falling for the girl and admiring how pretty she is. When they sing “So pretty girl”, I cannot stop smiling. They even dabbled in some auto tune and that only skyrocketed the feels to a higher level!

      Not lets slow things down for the a moving ballad “Because I like You”. I don’t know if it is just me but I get a Disney feel when I listen to BTOB’s ballads, they are so moving and emotional. “Because I like You” is another proof BTOB prowess as a ballad moving group and how well they harmonise as a group. Those high pitches though!

      We come to the end of the album with a cheesy love song “Empty Spaces”. The song is quirky and narrates about wanting to fill the space in their heart by having a lover. And so they run around (at least in my mind, I feel BTOB is running around) asking the lady to become their “lover” why? “Because I don’t know what to do” BTOB sings. Ah the silly lovable boys I once knew have resurfaced! Haahahahah “Empty Spaces” is a straight from the heart love song and is a great way to end the album.

      Let me know what you think in the comments section below.

Unknown

Developers

All we want to do is spread the love of k-pop, k- drama and all things korean. Here in SMK, we believe live is meant to be shared so if you love something let us know, Chinguduels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment