MYST3RY WITH A 3

by 2/24/2016 12:26:00 am 0 comments

ADMIN VIRGIL

      Ladies Code has been one girl group that I have been rooting for since their debut and considering the horrendous things they had gone through I only feel stronger and proud of the girls I see now. Yes, sometimes I do get teary when I see just the three of them but I know that the girls still think of themselves as a five membered group and I would still go to believe so as well, which is why I am proud of my girls.

I was really surprised and excited to know that Ladies Code was making a comeback and now that it has finally dropped, it is my utmost privilege to do a review of it!

Considering that they consider it a full album, Myst3ry with a 3 only has three songs in it, which are:
01. My Flower
02. Galaxy
03. Chaconne

      The first song in the album is “My Flower” which is song about heartbreak and breakups. The song starts of slow and graduating builds layers of melody and tension. The chorus literally sounds like it is spiralling into itself, the vocals are that strong. This ballad song is moving with strong swaying melody and mesmerizing vocals. A good start to the album as it re-establishes Ladies Code as a powerhouse of vocals.

      “Galaxy” the title song of the album speaks of encountering or meeting the one. The song is mysterious and vague at some points for it sometimes hints that the singer is someone who has been away from society or someone who is recluse or lost and upon meeting the one, wonders if he/ she will greet the singer though they are strangers. The lyrics have a blend of English which makes it interesting to listen to.

      The music video and the album seems to indirectly emphasis on the fact that Ladies Code is now a THREE membered group. The insertion of 3 in mystery and a three cornered chess board and triangle symbols and fashion is fine to see but can be a bit jarring for few hard-core ardent fans. Not me, I am just telling you this based on some of the comments that I read.




And also images of scissors, I guess the trio feel that they have been rudely cut off from the two beloved members perhaps...



      Nonetheless, the music video does top it in terms of mysticism and colours so kudos to that!


      The third song is “Chaconne” which is a type of musical composition that involves a repetition of a set bass line throughout the composition. And true to its name, the song kicks off by introducing the bass line and then builds up with a romantic guitar accompaniment. The song speaks of thinking back and wishing that the special someone is still with them. The song is sad and narrates how the singers are only left with the scent of the special one and they let themselves be immersed in it. A sad song and I highly recommend that you listen to it.

Here is the music video 

and if you want to listen to the album, Click Here


   Let me know what you think in the comments section below! and as always I love you for reading till the end! thank you!

Unknown

Developers

All we want to do is spread the love of k-pop, k- drama and all things korean. Here in SMK, we believe live is meant to be shared so if you love something let us know, Chinguduels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment